Current Job Openings
MiaSolé, a pioneer and leading developer of copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) thin-film, lightweight, flexible photovoltaic solar panels, is expanding its commercial operations and is looking for great talent. With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Valley and manufacturing in China, we manufacture the lowest-cost, highest efficiency, flexible, lightweight thin-film solar panel in the world. Our primary mission is to advance the extraordinary potential for harnessing solar power as a competitive, sustainable energy source.
MiaSole, a growing global solar energy company, seeks a proactive and high energy Corporate Controller who possesses strong instincts for business operations and a demonstrated ability to drive change and continuous improvement. The Controller provides ongoing leadership for our accounting and financial operations. This position will lead our annual audit processes, have responsibility for financial reporting, and have oversight of our control environment. This role will actively lead and participate in the change management of financial processes across and drive standard operating processes and procedures that improve our efficiencies and controls across our ERP system. The position will require extensive and effective communication across functions and with senior financial management, including the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Executive Officer and financial personnel in our business lines and global operations.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives and compliance with internal control requirements
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Oversee a timely and efficient monthly close process
- Ensure accuracy of financial results. Communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Support Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or company-wide improvements, with research, planning, and implementation, as required
- Oversee the accounting operations, statutory reporting and annual tax filing requirements
- Work closely with the Operations, R&D, and Sales functions ensuring balanced focus on compliance with company policies and customer service
- Develop and maintain working relationships across Sales, Operations, Product Management, and Finance teams
- Review customer arrangements for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Design and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures all in accordance with US GAAP
- Evaluate impact of new and emerging accounting guidance, identify and recommend process and policy changes, lead implementation roll-out
- Maintain accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Develop accounting staff through coaching, counseling, and feedback; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Coordinate the provision of information to internal and external auditors for the annual audit
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings. Flexible in completing tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- CPA Required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Revenue recognition experience preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical accounting issues to a varied audience and balance accounting considerations with operational and business considerations in decision making and recommendations to CFO
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a cross-functional team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and cross functional organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) with advanced Excel and Access skills
- Solid organizational and problems solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion
Qualified applicants, please submit a resume with a brief summary of relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MiaSolé, is a pioneer and leading developer of copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) thin-film, lightweight, flexible photovoltaic solar panels. With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Valley and manufacturing in China, we manufacture the lowest-cost, highest efficiency, flexible, lightweight thin-film solar panel in the world. Our primary mission is to advance the extraordinary potential for harnessing solar power as a competitive, sustainable energy source.
We are looking for a specialized Corporate Attorney to serve as an in-house counsel and handle all complex legal matters and projects. You will ensure the legality of commercial transactions and advise our company on legal rights and duties.
- Consult and handle basic legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, , compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, patents)
- Liaison with 3rd party law firm for complex legal transactions
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Provide guidance regarding US and international business regulations
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Represent company in legal proceedings
- Draft and administer all contracts
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- JD law degree
- 7-10+ years relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of corporate law and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Firm understanding and knowledge of international business practices
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in contract law, intellectual property rights, and licensing laws)
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, and organization
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
Qualified applicants, please submit a resume with a brief summary of relevant experience to: email@example.com.